WE'RE NO STRANGERS TO LOVE, YOU KNOW THE RULES AND SO DO I, A FULL COMMITMENT'S WHAT I'M THINKING OF, YOU WOULDN'T GET THIS FROM ANY OTHER GUY, I... JUST WANNA TELL YOU HOW I'M FEELING, GOTTA MAKE YOU UNDERSTAND, NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP, NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN, NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND AND DESERT YOU, NEVER GONNA MAKE YOU CRY, NEVER GONNA SAY GOODBYE, NEVER GONNA TELL A LIE AND HURT YOU, WE'VE KNOWN EACH OTHER.. FOR SO LONG, YOUR HEART'S BEEN ACHING, AND MY MOM GOT SCARED, AND SAID "YOU'RE MOVING WITH YOUR AUNTE AND UNCLE IN BEL-AIR, I WHISTLED FOR A CAB AND WHEN IT CAME NEAR, THE LICENSE PLATE SAID FRESH AND IT HAD DICE IN THE MIRROR, IF ANYTHING I COULD SAY THAT THIS CAB WAS RARE, BUT I THOUGHT NOW FORGET IT, YO HOME TO BEL-AIR, I.. PULLED UP TO A HOUSE ABOUT 7 OR 8, AND I YELLED TO THE CABBY YO, HOME SMELL YA LATER, LOOKED AT MY KINGDOM I WAS FINALLY THERE, TO SETTLE MY THRONE AS THE PRINCE OF BEL-AIR

Monday, December 1, 2008

Meet the Legion!


Who are we? We're the ones in charge of this blog (moar like /b/log amirite?). Lets mee the crew.




Mark

The names Mark. However, you might know me as "Jon Schwartzman" on the air. As the primary updator of this blog, I'll be addressing myself as "Schwartzman". I attend Pasadena City College. Its pretty cool methinks. I took TVR 14A in fall 2008. Its quite an interesting class to take. Thus far, working on this /b/log has been my favorite part of the class. Voice acting is juts one of my many talents. It would appear that I'm the only one in the group who has any knowledge of HTML coding. As you probably know, HTML coding is the heart of the Internet. Its the raw code from which websites are built. I'm the resident /b/tard in this group. I'm not about to get into what a /b/tard is though. If you want to know, you'll have to lurk moar. I do most of the grunt work that keeps the Internet Hate Machine running so that it can continue to corrupt LOL into LULZ. Such work includes coding HTML, and making various graphics. I'm the genius behind this /b/log's design. It is based on the diverse internet culture found on such websites as 4chan, Ebaumsworld, etc. However, there's a good chance you probably have no idea whatsoever what I'm talking about. Again, in such an instance, LURK MOAR! I used to use an online game known as "Second Life". Some of you might know what that is and some might not. For the record, that picture in my bio is my character in Second Life. However, I was IP b& from the server back in October for griefing. Oh well, nothing lasts forever. As such, I'll be back in Second Life soon enough!





Alex

Alex is the name, reporting the news on the radio is my game. I usually try to find the weirdest story I can find and announce it over the air for everyone to here-which isn't exactly a good thing-but heck, it's interesting. I've been lingering around the campus of Pasadena City College for over a year now: I've met cool people, taken cool classes, and did a whole mess of cool things like help make this blog you are reading. What I hope to do here at PCC is learn as much as I possibly can, and I mean EVERYTHING, about television. I’m here in TVR 14A, writing for radio and “the new media”, because I thought it would be a good idea to branch out a little from TV, after all the more you know the more marketable you are. Here's some advice to all of you that wish to be a DJ or an Announcer of any kind: DO NOT RIP AND READ. This advice is especially critical if you wish to take TVR 14A with my instructor Mrs. Canfield, if she catches you reading a story straight from the paper without adding anything of your own, it's over. Thanks for listening to my boring life, now you can listen to my boring news stories on Lancer Radio.





Francine

Well what is there to say about me? Not much, but I will definitely try my best to let you all know who I am and what I am about. I'm here at pasadena city college trying to figure out what to do with myself much like most of the other students here. I love music and going to concerts, watching indie movies and looking at art. The great thing about art is that most of it is free because it is all around us. I try and see the good in people and give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm currently taking tvr 14 with the rest of these guys. I never knew how much work it took to put on a radio show and no longer see it as the thing that just happens to be on while I am in my car. I have a whole new perspective on the radio biz. If this class has taught me anything it's that you can't let your nerves get the best of you. You just have to go all out. You can't be afraid of sounding silly or dumb, you just got to get out there and do it. When told that we would have to make a blog and eventually post something about ourselves I was not feeling it. But I am pleasantly surprised that I actually took a liking to it and have now started a blog of my own. (thanks Ms. Canfield) Life's about taking chances, you never know where it can take you. Don't be afraid to be yourself! (so cheesy, I know!!)





Ian David Schultz

This is Ian. The bit of color that goes into the group, if you know what I mean. I'm the film buff in the group as well. I write a lot and listen to a lot of music. My favorite food is toaster strudel and I'm not a big fan of pop-tarts. I like to think I'm the funny one in the group as well but we've all tossed a few jokes around here and there. Feel free to enjoy our podcasts. We've posted radio shows that we've recorded so don't hesitate to give them a listen. They have good stories, good music, and bloopers, if I'm not mistaken. I know I'm supposed to be talking about myself but I put that advertisement in there so that the people that read this are more compelled to give our podcasts a listen. We call that good promotion, because good promotion is blatant, obvious, (LISTEN TO OUR PODCASTS) and frequent.





Cesar

Candlejack. Hi my name is Cesar I'm

No comments: